« Home | Damascus in Yellow » | Colonisation - update » | The colonisation of Bab Touma » | City of Jamine » | American in Damascus » | John McCain will recognise Jerusalem as Israel's c... » | Why The Guardian is wrong on Syria » | Syria is favourite for a key position in the UN nu... » | Tess's comment » | Eid on Wednesday in Syria » 

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 

Replies to comments

I'm still having problems getting into my own comments, so this will have to do for now.

Anonymous - what are foreign students telling their families back home, about life in Syria?

My problem is not with foreigners in Damascus - far from it. Damascus has a long history of welcoming immigrants. My problem is with Arabs greeting Arabs in English. It's bizarre, and confined to one square kilometer of the country.

Norman - if you saw how tight their tops were, you wouldn't say they were Hizbollah fans!

Nour - I'm glad that cleared things up. Welcome to the blog.

Matt and Amniyah - I've seen this trend in London too - the yellow fashion - but here it's everywhere!

Sasa,
I had the same problem when I was back home last month until I discovered UltraSurf (http://www.ultrareach.com/). Perfect solution for all blocked sites.

It only works on PC though. (I had my macbook but had to use internet cafe's pcs instead)

http://freebrowse.net/

sasa,

put some pictures!.

Post a Comment

About me

  • Written by sasa
  • From Damascus, Syria
  • From Damascus to London via Beirut. Based in and out of the central Damascene hamlet of Saroujah. News and feelings from the streets every day. I'm talking rubbish? Leave a comment. Welcome to the information democracy. See below for info about this site.
My profile

Syria News Wire discussion

Syria News Wire - the most comprehensive source of Syrian news on the web

  • The Syria News Wire now provides news for Cafe-Syria. To find out how to get exclusive Syrian news for your site, click here.

Get Syria News Wire EMAIL UPDATES

  • the important stuff: you can cancel any time, your email address wont be used for anything except Syria News Wire updates - this is an ad-free site
  • Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Syria News Wire...