« Home | The colonisation of Bab Touma » | City of Jamine » | American in Damascus » | John McCain will recognise Jerusalem as Israel's c... » | Why The Guardian is wrong on Syria » | Syria is favourite for a key position in the UN nu... » | Tess's comment » | Eid on Wednesday in Syria » | Where was the Damascus bomb? Not near a 'Shia shri... » | Why the Saudi silence? » 

Sunday, October 12, 2008 

Colonisation - update

I've just been into a cafe in Kasaa (next to Bab Touma), I said one
word, and I was greeted with 'Hello, welcome'.

(Reply to Matt's comment - no, it's Syrian shopkeepers greeting me
this way! I'm having trouble replying to comments in the normal way at
the moment.)

About me

  • Written by sasa
  • From Damascus, Syria
  • From Damascus to London via Beirut. Based in and out of the central Damascene hamlet of Saroujah. News and feelings from the streets every day. I'm talking rubbish? Leave a comment. Welcome to the information democracy. See below for info about this site.
My profile

Syria News Wire discussion

Syria News Wire - the most comprehensive source of Syrian news on the web

  • The Syria News Wire now provides news for Cafe-Syria. To find out how to get exclusive Syrian news for your site, click here.

Get Syria News Wire EMAIL UPDATES

  • the important stuff: you can cancel any time, your email address wont be used for anything except Syria News Wire updates - this is an ad-free site
  • Enter your email address below to subscribe to The Syria News Wire...